The Health Humanities Consortium is a registered 501(3)c non-profit organization.
Dues will support the hosting institution for spring conferences; conference registration for students; and awards for student conference presentation.
Please note that if your institution has an institutional membership, you should give your name to the person in your institution that handles such things--you do not need to register as an individual member to belong.
- Institutional Membership
- $1000 for partnership
- Unlimited annual full memberships (an institutional contact must submit a list of their eligible faculty who want to be members)
- Partners are listed as such on the HHC website
- Individual Membership
- Pays annual (July 1 membership year) dues of $100
- Members get a reduced registration rate for the annual meeting (starting 2021)
- Receive reduced on-line subscription rate for Journal of Medical Humanities**
- Subscription to Journal of Humanities in Rehabilitation (sign up here)
- Invitation to attend annual general membership business meeting
- Members have a voting rights on issues presented before the membership
- Members can serve on the Steering Committee and Working Groups
- Does not pay annual dues
- A person who attends or presents at the annual meeting
- Receives no benefits, voting rights, discounts; cannot attend business meeting
We will announce here and on the HealthHum list serv when we are accepting memberships.
Effective with the 2017 volume-year (Volume 38, 4 issues), the special member rate is $60.00 (sixty U.S. dollars) for e-only access to the current volume-year for members who choose to subscribe (i.e., “voluntary”). Note members must be individual persons, not organizations (for example, not corporations, institutions, agencies, institutes). This special member rate will remain the same for the 2018 volume-year and for the 2019-2021 volume-years (inclusive).
Members who wish to subscribe to Journal of Medical Humanities should contact the Springer Customer Service Center and be sure to state he/she is a Health Humanities Consortium member:
Worldwide e-mail: email@example.com
Springer Journal Fulfillment
233 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013
Tel. 1-800-SPRINGER (1-800-777-4643) for North America
Tel. 212-460-1500 for South and Central America and Caribbean
For outside the Americas:
Springer Customer Service Center GmbH
Haberstrasse 7, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany